- ✓ TRIMMING ROSE ROSES
- ✓ PROTECTIVE TREATMENTS
- ✓ FEEDING ROSES AFTER FLOWERING
- ✓ How to ask a rose to bloom again – video
ROSE FLOWERS? TO REPEAT!
To extend the flowering of roses and make them more beautiful, I do such important work.
TRIMMING ROSE ROSES
After flowering, I cut off the old buds to the first strong and strong leaf (retreat from above). I make a 5mm cut above the petiole. In the womb of the cinquefoil there should be a kidney – from it in the future a shoot is formed on which buds will form.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR THIS ARTICLE IS HERE >>>
The kidney should be outside the shoot, and not “peeking” into the bush. So we will avoid thickening, and the rose bush itself will look more beautiful. This rule does not apply to tea roses and floribunda roses. They are cut over the fourth sheet (but counted from the bottom).
Reference by topic: Caring for roses during flowering – feeding and processing
What threatens roses in summer?
First of all – fungal diseases. Examine the leaves carefully inside and out. Common diseases during this period are rust, black spot. Any fungicide (Abiga-Peak, Oksikhom) is suitable for processing.
If we talk about pests, brown beetles do a lot of damage to flowers. The most effective way to deal with them is manual pickup.
Another method of securing roses (and other flowers in the garden) is to hang traps. I use a 1 liter PET bottle with a siphon fitted (I buy it at a garden center) – see photo.
I fill the container by a third with kvass, which attracts insects during the fermentation process. Pests enter the bottle through the notch, but can no longer get out.
In hot weather, roses are attacked by ticks. In this case, insecticide treatment (Fufanon) will help. If thrips colonized the buds, use non-contact insecticides, but systemic insecticides (Aktara).
FEEDING ROSES AFTER BLOOMING
After trimming the faded inflorescences, I water the roses with chicken manure infusion (1:12), but cow or horse manure (1:10) is also suitable.
IF, DUE TO COLD WEATHERS, THE FIRST FLOWER SHOULD BE POSTPONED TO JULY. BETTER TO SKIP SUMMER TRIMMING, OTHERWISE YOUNG SHOOTS WILL HAVE NO TIME TO PICK. IN BEST CASE, YOU WILL NOT GET PERFECT FLOWERS IN THE NEXT YEAR, AND WITH THE DARKEST RISK OF LOSING A PLANT.
See also: Caring for roses before and after flowering
How to ask a rose to bloom again – video
ORDER QUALITY AND CHEAP SEEDS AND OTHER GOODS FOR HOME AND HOME. PRICES ARE A BOTTLE. CHECKED! Just look at yourself and be surprised. THERE ARE OPINIONS. Go >>>
Below are other entries on the topic “Dacha and the garden – with their own hands”
- How to properly cut roses – instructions and photos
- Hybrid tea roses: photo and care – the best advice from a specialist
- Reproduction of own roots – how
- Do-it-yourself rose garden in the Moscow region – my experience in growing roses in the Moscow region
- How to properly prepare roses for the winter: personal experience and expert reviews
- Do-it-yourself rose garden – where to start? Tips and styles
- Sheltering roses for the winter – to be exactly winter
- Roses of rare colors
- Rosary: picking roses, growing and caring for them
- Roses of David Austin (photo and description) – the most …